Welcome to Mountville Presbyterian Church. We hope to see you Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, or at one of our upcoming activities listed below. For more information about a typical service click HERE.
Proceeding with caution, we will reestablish worship on SUNDAY, MAY 24, at 10:30am with new cleaning, sanitizing, and seating procedures. (Sunday School and Junior Church will remain canceled.) For more information, click HERE. If you are comfortable with this arrangement, we would love to see you then. If not, we want you to know that we love you and understand your decision. Please continue to worship with us online by clicking HERE.
- Wherever you are in life, now is always a great time to know the living and loving God and His truth for your life. We invite you to come know the Lord more deeply and to find a family of faith that will transform your life. We are not perfect, but we are people that want to grow in faith and care for others. Maybe now is the time to experience the joy of being a part of this church family. Perhaps you are the person we have been missing on Sundays.
- Activities and Meetings Postponed
- Friday, November 20, 2020The Session approved postponing all in person small group meetings, and Son Seekers, for the foreseeable future. This is due to concerns of COVID-19 cases escalating in our area in recent weeks. This will be in effect as of November 20, 2020. Officer meetings will be able to continue, but social distancing requirements need to be maintained. Sunday morning worship services will continue as scheduled. Wearing of masks is strongly encouraged. Social distancing is required. For more information click HERE.
- Sacrament of Holy Communion
- Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:30am worshipWe invite all to join us in celebrating the sign and seal of Holy Communion at our in-person worship service. However, we acknowledge that we are all joined together in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit, so we also invite those attending online worship services to celebrate communion with us. You may find more information about how to prepare and when to partake by clicking HERE.
- Community Thanksgiving Virtual Service
- Sunday, November 22, 2020, 4:00pmSeveral of the Portersville churches and pastors are coming together to present a virtual online worship service to celebrate Thanksgiving together as a community of believers. (This will NOT be an in-person service.) Pastor Patrick Keeley, Pastor Bob Fry, Pastor Tom Meling, and Pastor Dana Opp from the Mountville Presbyterian, Portersville Alliance, Zion Baptist, and Portersville Presbyterian churches will be leading us in worship. Check our Worship Online page or Mountville's Facebook page around 4pm for a link to the virtual service.
- Christmas Adopt-a-Family
- Sunday, December 6, 2020, after WorshipMountville has adopted a family from the Food Pantry this year in order to help provide a nice Christmas celebration for a local family. Gift ideas are on tags hanging on the twig Christmas "trees" in the vestibule. All gifts need to be brought to the church UNWRAPPED by Sunday, December 6 in order to be given to the food pantry before their distribution date. Thank you to all who are willing to share the love of Christ with others this holiday season.
- Annual Congregational Meeeting
- Sunday, December 13, 2020, after WorshipAll members are asked to attend this important meeting in the life of the church. The purpose of this meeting is to elect new officers and staff members, to elect the 2021 nominating committee, and to approve the 2021 budget. A quorum of at least 20 active members is required to hold this meeting.
Have a blessed Fall Season with your family and friends!