Welcome to Mountville Presbyterian Church. We hope to see you Sunday morning or at one of our upcoming activities listed below. For more information about a typical service click HERE.
Proceeding with caution, we will reestablish worship on SUNDAY, MAY 24, at 10:30am with new cleaning, sanitizing, and seating procedures. (Sunday School, Junior Church, and activities will remain canceled.) For more information, click HERE. If you are comfortable with this arrangement, we would love to see you then. If not, we want you to know that we love you and understand your decision. Please continue to worship with us online by clicking HERE.
- Wherever you are in life, now is always a great time to know the living and loving God and His truth for your life. We invite you to come know the Lord more deeply and to find a family of faith that will transform your life. We are not perfect, but we are people that want to grow in faith and care for others. Maybe now is the time to experience the joy of being a part of this church family. Perhaps you are the person we have been missing on Sundays.
- Neighbors in Need
- May, 2020Since the start of the Coronavirus Pandemic the Portersville Food Pantry has seen an increased need in our community. Through your generous tithes and offerings, we as a church, have donated $1,500 in April. The reality of layoffs and small business closures is that the need will unfortunately continue to rise in the weeks ahead. Matthew 14 tells us of Jesus feeding 5,000 people with only 5 loaves and 2 fish. The Lord can take a little and cause it to have a great impact in the lives of others. If you would like to help a neighbor and offer a portion of what you have to others, I'm sure the Lord will bless and multiply it. Our goal during the month of May is to raise another $1,000. Please prayerfully consider sharing what you can for our neighbors. You can make checks payable to Mountville Church with Portersville Food Pantry in the memo line and mailing it to Mountville Presbyterian Church, 2795 Mountville Rd, Portersville, PA 16051. God Bless You, the Mountville Mission Committee.
- Rocky Railway VBS
- Wednesdays, September 23 - October 21, 2020, 6-8pmWe are going to plan on early fall for VBS this year. We hope to host it for 5 Wednesdays in September and October from 6-8pm. We will still rotate through stations as usual. Because we believe VBS to be a valuable ministry to Mountville and the community, we are striving to navigate these unprecedented times prayerfully and with attention to the health and safety of everyone involved. Contact Sammie or Jamie with any thoughts or questions.
- NEW CONTENT
- Tithes, offerings, and donations can now be made online through Tithe.ly, a secure site used by more than 20,000 churches and ministries. Click the button above in the side bar. You can set up a one time or recurring donation either by credit card or through your bank account. You may also designate which fund to deposit into. There is also a memo box for notes or instructions as well. (Our financial secretary will be able to add any online donations to your year-end record of giving.)
- NEW CONTENT
- In light of the physical distancing being recommended now, we have created some new features to help you strengthen your faith. They can be found by clicking on the items listed below or through the Worship page and/or the Calendar page above. Pastor Patrick will provide a sermon Sunday mornings at 10:30am on Mountville's Facebook page, or you can access the videos from our Sermons page. The Faith Boosters page is for devotionals, and the Household Worship page has guidelines for a worship time at home with your family. We hope you will find these resources useful.
Have a blessed Spring Season with your family and friends!